Tuesday, May 10, 2022

As a Leader, Do You Have This?

 As a leader do you have a spring in your step? 






























You have seen that leader in your life that is always “on”. They seem to be naturally happy, positive, and optimistic. I have heard people say you can not be negative and positive at the same time. In this pubmed.gov study, the medical professionals say that happiness and sadness are mutually exclusive feelings but their findings have shown that we can have mixed co-emotions at the same time for brief periods. 


So when it comes to that happy leader, how does he/she say they are optimistic? In my opinion, they choose this. Anyone can shift their perspective at any time. 


Some of the skills I have learned about resetting my choice points are as follows:


One of the core leadership lessons I have learned is to lean into the energy that flows over the energy that feels forced. When you do this, things just seem to flow. It is as if you own the belief that Tony Robbins says, “Life is working for you”.


Maintain a good balance of awareness in your life. When I am in flow energy, I am usually taking good care of myself, ask for what I need, and communicate clearly. My first question to myself when things are not working is, “How is my self-care?”. It is a true reflection of keeping my own life in balance. 


Always be growing. The leaders that maintain this natural positivity are invested in personal growth work. That might look like webinars, seminars, events, books, and coaching. When you are growing, you have certain ownership in life.  


The next time you see that happy leader, ask them their secret of positivity and optimism. Tell them you want to learn to be more like that in your own life. They will be flattered and happy to help you own this too. You may help them realize the power they hold. They may do it so regularly that they forget to see the benefit of a good choice every day. The ripple effect of this awareness is going to bless everyone that knows this leader. 


Wishing you a spring in your step too. 


Best, 


Manal

(This article was first published in the Locala Magazine)



No comments:

Post a Comment