Tuesday, June 8, 2021

How You Show Up Matters

 Some people are of the opinion and adage that how you show up matters. I am one of those people. 




















If you want to be taken seriously, I believe you should dress the part. 


In a world where working at home is the new thing, it can also be easy to dress more casually. Though many people are still meeting in person, there is something to be said for looking great and feeling great in your clothes. It gives the wearer confidence and others believe that you care about your appearance. 


What I have found in talking to many professionals is that when you dress with confidence,  you also do a few other things. You keep your weight in balance. You will know if your best clothes are getting tight sooner than if you wear your more comfortable clothes. 


You walk and speak with confidence. There is nothing like a well groomed, well dressed professional who makes their presence known just by being who they are. 


You have that power too. So put aside the flip flops, shorts, tshirts, stretchy yoga pants. I am not saying get rid of those as all of those have their time and place too but in the professional part of your life in 2021, get gussied up. 


Gals put on your dresses, blouses, dress pants, skirts, dress up shoes and jewelry. Gents, iron your trousers, shirts, pull on your socks and buff up your shoes. 


I always feel great about myself when I do my self-care routine, fix my hair, and then dress for the day. 

You never know who you’ll run into and you always want to make a great first impression. Other people aside, you want to feel amazing every single day. 


You are worth the energy of showing up as your most powerful self.


Best,


Manal

No comments:

Post a Comment